On the radar
Basically, things I can't stop talking about, but for some reason never find the time to write a proper blog article.
- Convox, the best thing since Docker
- The return of the Makefile
- NLB in front of ALB
- Autospotting, the simplest way to drastically reduce your AWS bills
- Save on your AWS S3 bandwidth bill with lightsail instances.
- Best practice on AWS: create one isolated account per environment (production, staging, dev), with delegated roles from a primary account.
- Difference between round-robin DNS and Route53 multivalue answers
- Tip - Offload docker image building to Google Container Builder
- Status 2017-04
- Getting started with Google Container Engine and Kubernetes
- Tip: How to make Rails properly handle database failovers on AWS RDS
- One-liner to install a precompiled AWS CLI for your distribution
- Introducing buildcurl.com
- Tip: prepend a line to a file in bash
- Convert a VirtualBox .ova VM into a Vagrant box
- Turn your Github issues into blog posts
- Using git-crypt to transparently encrypt sensitive data in a git repository
- How to fetch temporary security credentials using IAM Roles from EC2 instances
- A docker container to cleanup your docker containers
- How to generate a self-signed certificate in non interactive mode
- Fixing postgres UTF-8 encoding error when creating new databases
- Packaging and sharing your Rails app, the easy way